Monday, October 19, 2009

Listerine Oral Care Challenge !

I have 5 kids , the oldest two have already had braces and the next one will be getting his soon ! Needless to say ...I'm one of those moms that say to her kids "did you brush your teeth or make sure you brush your teeth " quite a few times every day ! Not just because I have to say it to each kid ,but because after paying for two sets of braces and going to be getting yet another kid a set soon...I paid a lot of money for those kids to have nice teeth and I want them to stay that way !



LISTERINE® AGENT COOL BLUE® is a pre-brush tinting rinse. Used before brushing, it tints teeth blue so kids pay attention when cleaning their teeth; giving kids a sense of accomplishment that they are doing a good job and reinforcing the positive behavior.
Tints teeth blue so children pay more attention to cleaning
Makes brushing fun
Helps your kids develop proper oral care habits
Alcohol-free


LISTERINE® SMART RINSE™ is an anticavity mouthwash for kids ages six and older that helps clean and protect teeth beyond brushing alone. The MAGNETIC CLEANING ACTION™ attracts particles—showing kids what brushing may have missed.
Contains fluoride to help prevent cavities
Kills bad breath germs
And shows proof in the sink of a cleaner mouth!

Now I have to say I had bought a bottle of the green Smart Rinse long before I had ever heard about this blog tour. I figured since my son will be getting his braces soon and he's the one I have to get after the most ,that I would get a bottle of that to try . So he can be better at his brushing since when they have the braces on there is even more room for error and missing spots or it's just plain too hard to get certain places because of them ,but the rinse would be able to get where the brush really can't.
Listerine and Reach created the "October Oral Care Challenge" for kids 6 and older. To complete the challenge, you and your child have to brush, floss and rinse every day, twice a day for two weeks—a key step in building a strong foundation of good oral care habits.
That's not that hard since I already make my kids do that anyway ! I do think it's a great month to have it though since kids are in school again and eating during the day while they aren't home and you really don't know how much candy and things they are eating there ! Plus it's Halloween and you know they will be eating lots and lots of sweet things for the next few weeks !
Even though my kids are older ,they still thought it was neat using the blue tint and then the green rinse afterwards. That way they got to see proof of what they were doing and need to do better without just hearing me yap at them to make sure they are doing a good job. Now that I have two very young children who will be one day soon starting to brush their teeth ,I will be using these products with them right from the start !
If you would like to learn more about their products or get ideas on how to get your kids to brush better you can go check out their site and right now they are offering a $1 off coupon throughout the month of October to help get you started !
I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour campaign by Mom Central on behalf of Listerine and Reach and received Listerine and Reach products for the Oral Care Challenge and a gift certificate to GlobalGiving.org to thank me for taking the time to participate and the makers of Listerine and Reach also sent a donation on my behalf to the National Children's Oral Health Foundation , an organization committed to delivering comprehensive oral healthcare to economically disadvantaged children.
So not only did this help reinforce the brushing habits of my kids. I also got to help other kids who may not be able to have good dental care otherwise.

4 comments:

Krimmyk said...

I have had Little dude using the green stuff since it came out. He loves how you get it out of the bottle. Whatever works right?

Jenn said...

Oddly enough my son thought it was cool too and he's 12 ! haha

TEACHBROECK said...

Love it! Thanks for the tips!

Pink Slippers said...

My kids have an appt. next month to visit the dentist. They are REALLY happy for their check ups. I have never seen these before. Thanks for sharing.
Wendy